Sharon Hade is the new Nurse Unit Manager.
There are now 3 clinical nurse unit managers reporting to her and they are:
Anna Scionti: Workforce and Education
Jill Boyle: Quality and Risk, and
Nic Lukauskas: Hyperbaric
TheUnit has had a major restructure, partly in response to a survey carried out amongst the nursing staff to which more than 150 responses were received, as well as 19 pages of free text.
- permanent rostering to a pod
- rotations through pods for periods of 3 months at a time for those rotating
- new position descriptions for ANUMs and Clinical Educators, including pod rotations
- appointments to non-filled positions
- new rosters for clinical educators which include week-ends and nights
- appointment of clinical nurse consultants, one per pod
- ability for students and new staff to do 12 hour shifts
- ability to do permanent nights
- appointment of clerical support to nurse managers
And for those who have dedicated more than 20 years to the Unit, no need to do nights as long as do a minimum of 2 shifts per week and contribute to Unit via Special interest groups, etcBack to 2012 News