Well earned promotion.
Dave Pilcher, who holds a Monash School of Public Health and Preventive Medicine-Alfred ICU research prctitioner Fellowship, has been promoted to Adjunct Clinical Professor. This is recognition of his incredible productivity with more than 46 publications since 2012.
He is involved in a number of research projects, which include:
- Member, Management Committee, Discharge And Readmission Evaluation (DARE) study.
- Member, Management Committee, AspiriN To Inhibit SEPSIS (ANTISEPSIS) sub-study of ASPREE (ASPirin in Reducing Events in the Elderly) study.
- Member, Management Committee, Low dose Heparin in Critically Ill Patients undergoing Extra-Corporeal Membrane Oxygenation (HELP-ECMO) study.
- Member, ISARIC (International Severe Acute Respiratory Infection Consortium) working group (data and registries).
- 3 PhD students
- 2 BMedSci students
He is a frequent reviewer for:
- American Journal Respiratory & Critical Care Medicine, Intensive Care Medicine, Anaesthesia and Intensive Care and Critical Care & Resuscitation
He also has a number of key roles within the ICU:
- Lead, Alfred ICU Bronchoscopy Course Steering Committee
- Lead, Alfred ICU Bronchoscopy teaching
- Member, Alfred ICU database and ICU active group
- Member, Alfred ICU Guidelines Committee
Roles in the Alfred Hospital include:
- Hospital Medical Director Organ and Tissue Donation
- Member, Alfred NIV Practice Review Committee
- Member Alfred Transplant Management Committee
His significant roles outside the Alfred include:
- Medical Advisor to DonateLife Victoria
- Chair, ANZICS Centre for Outcome and Resource Evaluation
- Director, ANZICS Adult Patient Database
- Member, ANZICS CORE Advisory Committee Member
- Member, National Intensive Care Registries Steering Committee
- Member, ANZICS Board (ANZICS CORE representative)
- Member, ANZICS Clinical Trials Group (CTG) Executive (ANZICS CORE representative)
- Member, ANZICS Clinical Trials Group (CTG) Point Prevalence Working Group
- Member, ANZICS Clinical Trials Group (CTG) TRIPs group (Translation of Research into Practice)
- Member, ANZICS Finance Risk and Audit Committee
- Member, ANZIC - Research Centre Board (ANZICS CORE representative)
- Member, Victorian Data Review Committee (ANZICS Representative)
- Member, DonateLife Case Review meetings
- Member, Data Audit Working Group DonateLife
- Member, DonateLife Data Collection Tool Working Group DonateLife